- B.Y.O.T. - Improv/Sketch Team Jam
- Mon December 10, 2012
- 9:30pm EST
153 East 3rd St.
New York, NY 10009
B.Y.O.T. - Improv/Sketch Team Jam
B.Y.O.T. is UCB's improv/sketch team jam.
Are you on an improv team and want to do a short set on stage at UCB? BYO improv team. Does your sketch team want to try out that new sketch in front of an audience? BYO sketch team. In a practice group that wants more practice?BYO practice group. In an improv/sketch class and want some more reps?BYO class. Do you have a friend group that wants to give this improv stuff a shot? BYO friend group. Are you just a person that wants to try out a character? BYO self.
BRING YOUR OWN TEAM. UCB's only team jam.
Hosted by Austin Rodrigues and the rest of UCBeast's Hot Chicks Room Bar staff.
Every Sunday at 10pm. Totally FREE.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign up starts in the Hot Chicks Room bar at 9pm. Get your team name in the bucket by 9:30pm to perform. Indicate if your team is improv or sketch. Sketch teams should put team name and sketch title on piece of paper placed in bucket. The same goes for character pieces.
- All improv teams are guaranteed 5-10 minutes on stage, depending on how many teams show up that night.
- All sketch teams/character pieces are guaranteed to perform at least one sketch 3-5 pages in length (i.e. should not exceed 3-5 minutes in length). Sketch teams may submit to perform more than one sketch time depending - let the host know ahead of time if you're interested in doing this if there is time.
- The host will announce the next team to perform one at a time by drawing team names randomly from the bucket - the order will not be posted at the start nor can the host accomodate requests to go early/late in the order.
- For sketches and character pieces, bring a printed out copy of sketch (secured by staple or paper clip) with your team's name and sketch title clearly printed on the top of the front page, along with a clearly marked black out line. For logistical reasons, NO INTERNAL TECH CUES!
- Sketch teams must supply your own actors.
- Can you put up a sketch if you are just one person and not a team? Yes, but you still must bring your own actors.